Thursday, September 16, 2010

Express Lane Dressing

It started with an e-mail from MomO.

She was going to do the 6 items or less challenge. The idea is you wear just 6 items of clothing to work for a month.

www.sixitemsorless.com


I don't work in an office so I combined the work week and casual clothing list and came up with 12 articles of clothing I plan to wear for the next 4 weeks.



  • blue jeans
  • black jeans
  • khaki skirt
  • black dress
  • multi-print short sleeve blouse (tan is the main color)
  • gray embellished short sleeve t-shirt
  • gray long sleeve t-shirt
  • blue oxford button down shirt
  • gray tank top
  • black tank top
  • black drapey cardigan
  • denim jacket

According to the "rules" of the challenge accessories, shoes, undergarments, work out clothes, work uniforms, and outerwear are unlimited. I like those rules and I'm sticking with them. I do have two ballet performances to attend later this month, I will be wearing different dresses to the perfomances. I have too many pretty party dresses that are perfect for the ballet not to wear them - that would just be silly.

After just two days of the challenge I realized having fewer choices in the morning makes picking an outfit a breeze. I put quite a bit of thought in to selecting my 12 pieces - they all pretty much work together and I can create an outfit perfect for just about any occasion. While I love getting ready in the morning I fear at some point I will get bored with my options. After this first month I might try picking 10-12 pieces of clothing for every two weeks. That way I still have limited choices each morning but I can work my way through more of my wardrobe.

In case you are wondering about the title, it happened when I was updating my main blog this morning. When I typed "12 items or less" it reminded me of the Express Lane in the grocery store. And then it hit me - this is perfect term to describe how I am getting dressed each day.

I plan to post a photo of my outfit each day. We'll see how I feel about this experiment in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment